IMO1574 - Head Baker
|Job Function||:||Head Baker|
|Salary Offered||:||Attractive salary with usual gulf benefits|
A 5 Star hotel in Saudi Arabia requires Head Baker
The Head Baker will lead the bakery department in daily production, operation, and menu planning. Head Baker is responsible for the preparation, quality, and presentation of all baked items, meet all hotel standards and train / guide kitchen staff to perform at a high level, grow and develop the team. Duties also include cost control and food waste awareness, sanitation / hygiene implementation, training, and enforcement.
- Head Chef Baker will lead, organize and supervise / overseeing bakery production and bakery kitchen team at work for daily operations
- Ensure that all food is prepared and served according to the standards set by the Executive Chef and the Company.
- Proposes new and interesting breads to the Pastry Chef and assistant pastry chef, arrange samples and food tasting.
- Participate actively when planning new promotions and menus.
- Check the buffet, banquets, and outlet breads quality and presentation frequently.
- Taste food products regularly as well as rectifies the quality if necessary, instruct Pastry Chef immediately when the product does not meet our quality standards.
- Responsible for the a la Carte breads, snacks, afternoon tea breads and lobby lounge snack production, IRD bakery product, retail shop and breakfast bakery products maintaining a high quality and standard.
- Assist the Assistant Pastry Chef with birthday cakes, special bread requests and buffet / banquet / coffee breaks set up.
- Record all daily kitchen events in a logbook.
- Maintain a clean kitchen and meet all standards of hygiene / sanitation per regulations.